Sunday 21 February 2016

A Health & Happiness Update


To put it simply, I have fallen off the wagon. I have no been food shopping and therefore, not eaten well. I have been working late, particularly this week, so I haven't been making the time to exercise either and I have felt it! Last week I felt tired and emotional so this week I am hopping back onto the wagon with enthusiasm and good intentions. Another motivation for me to get fitter and healthier is also because I would like to look and feel my best for a family holiday in April to celebrate my sisters 21st birthday.

I thought that I would try a detox this week. I will be honest and admit that I am unsure whether I can b disciplined enough to stick with it for a whole week and am also wondering how I will consume enough calories so I don't end up feeling unwell but I am willing to give it a try. I had a pretty lazy morning and savoured my last cups of coffee before doing an afternoon shift at the night shelter. Luckily, I have a Tesco Express around the corner from my house so I walked there to pick up some fruit and veg to kick start my detox tomorrow.

I found a website that gave me some ideas of the foods I could eat during the detox; fresh fruit and veg, un-salted nuts, chickpeas & lentils, fish and chicken (twice a week). There were also some other suggestions for how and what to do during the detox; starting the day with a glass of water and the juice from half a lemon, drink 2-3 litres of water a day, exercise for an hour, meditation and body scrubbing.

I am not sure that I will be able to exercise for an hour a day but I will take the stairs whenever I can and exercise once a day whether that is for 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes. I will take the time to a morning meditation and perhaps make some time in the evening or do one of the Yoga With Adriene videos that combines the two.

Have you done a detox? What worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment